Brock Designs, Portland OR. Interior Design Company
It’s no secret that I LOVE my coffee and the early morning! I enjoy that quiet time when I can savor my first cup and think about my day. Here are two great recipes to spice up your morning routine! Enjoy!
Cinnamon Mocha Coffee
Image and Recipe via Taste of Home
- 1/2 cup ground dark roast coffee
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the coffee grounds, cinnamon and nutmeg; pour into a coffee filter of a drip coffeemaker. Add water; brew according to manufacturer’s directions.
- In a large saucepan, combine the milk, chocolate syrup and brown sugar. Cook over low heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Stir in vanilla and brewed coffee.
- Ladle into mugs; garnish with whipped cream if desired.
Yield: 6 servings.
Coffee Break Muffins
Image and Recipe via Sweet Peas Kitchen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup strong coffee, cooled
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups or line with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour sugar espresso powder, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir in the brown sugar, breaking up any lumps. Add chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the coffee, melted butter, egg and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and gently but quickly stir to blend until just combined.
- Distribute the batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. Bake 18- 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool in muffin pan on a wire rack for five minutes then transfer muffins to wire rack to cool.
Yields: 12 muffins
What a decadent way to start your day! Enjoy!